Last Updated: February 15, 2020
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
- Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
- Personal Information You Provide
- You can browse our Services without actively submitting any information about yourself, but you may choose to provide us with personal information through the Services. For example, you may provide:
- Identifiers: To register for a ConsumerMapping account with us, request a free demo, purchase services or sign up to receive email updates, you may provide or we may acquire personal information such as name, physical address, email address, phone number, home value, information regarding your home mortgage and similar information you choose to provide.
- Demographic information: You can submit or we may acquire information such as age and gender, as well as your interests if you register for an account.
- Commercial information: We may obtain commercial information, such as your purchase history, including records of services you have purchased or are considering purchasing from us.
- Payment Information (Categories of Information in California Civil Code 1798.80): You may submit credit card or other payment or billing information in connection with the purchase of a good or service.
- Automatically Collected Information: We automatically collect personal information when you access and use our Services, including:
- Identifiers: Identifiers such as your IP address, Internet service provider (ISP), mobile advertising ID, media access control (MAC) address, and identifiers associated with browser cookies, web beacons and similar technologies we deploy on our services;
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We may collect information about the devices and computers you use to access our Services such as browser type, language, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, and hyperlinks clicked. When you visit our Services, we collect usage information sent to us by your computer, mobile, or other access device that tells us how you are using the Services and other information about your internet activity (“usage information”).
- Geolocation information: We may collect your IP address when you use a device to access our Site and use it to estimate your approximate location.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Information from Outside Sources: We may collect personal information about you from other sources. For example, we may collect personal information about you from analytics companies, advertising networks, demographic companies, and other vendors that provide us with information, so we can better understand you and provide you with information, offers, and products and services that may be of interest to you. If you apply for a position with us as an employee or contractor, we may obtain information about you from former employers, schools, references, and credit bureaus.
We collect personal information for a variety of business and commercial purposes, such as to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, as well as to develop new content and features;
- Process or fulfill orders and transactions;
- Provide customer service (e.g., to resolve disputes, feedback, problems with your account/profile or the Services);
- Process payments;
- Complete the transactions you request, perform our contractual obligations, and, as otherwise anticipated within the context of our relationship;
- Create and manage your account;
- Send notifications related to your account and purchases;
- Send newsletters and promotional messages you request;
- Conduct internal research and development;
- Analyze traffic and user activities on our Services, identify popular areas or features, and optimize and personalize the Services;
- Target advertisements to you both on and off of our Services;
- Debug, identify and repair errors that impare the functionality of our Services;
- Process and evaluate applications for positions as an employee or contractor with us;
- Protect the rights and property of L2, Inc. and others and comply with our legal obligations, including to detect, investigate, and prevent fraud and other illegal activities and to enforce our agreements;
- Carry out certain short-term activities and other reasonable internal purposes related to the products or services you purchase from us or your ongoing relationship with us;
Disclosure: Information collected may be shared with:
- Advertising Technology (“Ad Tech”) Vendors: On the Services, we may work with third parties to serve advertisements, provide us with data collection, reporting, and ad response measurement and assist with delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements. These third parties may view, set, or edit their own tracking technologies/cookies that are deployed when you visit our Services. The use of these technologies by these third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and we encourage you to review them. They might also obtain information about other applications that you have downloaded to your mobile device, the mobile websites you visit and other information about you or your device in order to analyze and serve targeted advertising on the Services and elsewhere. For more information about third party ad servers at our Services and your ability to opt-out of targeted advertising from such third parties, please visit Ad Choices.
- Legal and Law Enforcement: Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other L2 user to legal liability. In such events, we will only disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, user ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
- Change of Control – New Owners: We may transfer your personal information as an asset that is part of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other transaction in with a third party assumes control of all our part of our business.
* Other Entities with your Consent. Other third parties at your specific direction.
- Summary of Information Practices in Last 12 Months.
The following table summarizes our personal information collection, use, and sharing practices in the preceding 12 months since we last updated this Policy on January 1, 2020. As reflected in this table, we may share your personal information with a variety of outside entities as well as with law enforcement, as described in Section 2 above.
|Categories of Personal Information ||Categories of sources from which information is collected:||Business or commercial purposes for collection, use, and sharing:||Categories of Vendors (including third parties and service providers) to which Personal Information is Disclosed||Sold to the following categories of third parties:|
|Personal and online identifiers (such as first and last name, email address, or unique online identifiers)||You, national consumer database compiler, or other national database sources||Providing advertising, marketing or analytics services, or inducing another person to buy products, subscribes to services, or to enable a commercial transaction.||Advertising firms, analytics service providers, cloud storage providers, marketing service providers or payment processors||Candidates for political office and their consultants, political advertising firms and others in the political industry, commercial advertising firms, media companies providing targeted advertising and private firms wishing to sell products and services|
|Categories of information described in Section 1798.80(e) of the California Civil Code (such as address, telephone number, debit card number, or any other financial information)||You, national consumer database compiler, or other national database sources||Providing advertising, marketing or analytics services, or inducing another person to buy products, subscribes to services, or to enable a commercial transaction.||Advertising firms, analytics service providers, cloud storage providers, marketing service providers or payment processors|| |
|Characteristics of protected classifications under applicable state and federal law (such as race or gender)||You||Providing advertising, marketing or analytics services, or inducing another person to buy products, subscribe to services, or to enable a commercial transaction.||Advertising firms, analytics service providers, cloud storage providers, marketing service providers or payment processors|| |
|Commercial or transactions information (such as records of transactions made through L2)||You||Providing advertising, marketing or analytics services, or inducing another person to buy products, subscribes to services, or to enable a commercial transaction.||Advertising firms, analytics service providers, cloud storage providers, marketing service providers or payment processors|| |
|Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing history, search history, interactions with a website, email, or advertisement)||Your computers used to access our Services||Providing advertising, marketing or analytics services, or inducing another person to buy products, subscribes to services, or to enable a commercial transaction.||Advertising firms, analytics service providers, cloud storage providers, marketing service providers or payment processors|| |
|Geolocation information||Your computers used to access our Services.||Providing advertising, marketing or analytics services.||Advertising firms, analytics service providers, cloud storage providers, marketing service providers or payment processors|| |
|Professional or employment-related information||You, Outside sources such as credit bureaus, former employers, schools, references||Hiring or other employment purposes||HR software providers, background check vendors|| |
|Other information about you that is linked to the personal information above (such as information you associate with your ConsumerMapping profile)||You, national consumer database compiler, or other national database sources||Providing advertising, marketing or analytics services, or inducing another person to buy products, subscribes to services, or to enable a commercial transaction.||Advertising firms, analytics service providers, cloud storage providers, marketing service providers or payment processors|| |
- Choices for Access, Deletion, Opt-Out of Sale, and Right to Non-Discrimination for California Residents or As Required By Law.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to know what personal information we collect, disclose, and “sell” about you (as that term is used in the CCPA). Additionally, you have the right to access, delete and opt out from the “sale” of your personal information.
To exercise these privacy rights and choices, please follow the instructions below:
- How to Request Access to Personal Information: You may request access to your personal information twice in a 12-month period. To do so, please complete the webform in L2’s Privacy Rights Portal, email us at Privacy@L2Political.com or call 1-800-842-5478. Account holders can request access to their personal information at any time by logging into their accounts on the Services. In response, we will produce an Access Report detailing the personal information we have collected, disclosed, and/or sold about you. This Access Report will be delivered by mail or electronically at your request.
- How to Request Deletion of Personal Information: You may request that L2 delete the personal information it has collected and/or maintained about you. To do so, please complete the webform in L2’s Privacy Rights Portal , email us at privacy@L2political.com or call 1-800-842-5478. Note, we may need to retain certain personal information as permitted by law, such as to complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a requested good or service, detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activities, comply with legal obligations or to enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations or lawful within the context in which you provided the information.
- Verification: Please note, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling any of the above requests. If you maintain an account with us, we will verify your identity through existing authentication practices for the account (e.g., login and password). If you are not a registered member, we will verify your identity by matching two or three data points that you provide with data points that we maintain and have determined to be reliable for the purposes of verification (e.g., browser or device ID).
- Authorized Agents: You can use an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf. But we may require the agent to provide a written permission and verify his/her identity or demonstrate that he or she has power of attorney in connection with a request for access or deletion.
- Anti-Discrimination Right: You have the right to be free from discrimination in product quality, goods or services if you choose to exercise your privacy rights under the CCPA.
- Do Not Track Signals: L2 does not respond to Do Not Track signals to the extent received from a web browser.
- Your Access to and Control Over Information
- Change/correct any data we have collected about you from those interactions.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data collected from our interactions with you.
Please note, you may not opt-out of administrative emails (for examples, emails about your transactions or policy changes) for your registered account.
You also may contact L2 directly to have your record removed entirely from our current databases. This is a voluntary action by L2 intended as a customer service and L2 reserves all legal rights when voluntarily removing the record.
You can contact L2 directly at privacy@L2political.com and provide your full name and address to request that your record be removed from our files. Be aware that if you move or change your name, you will need to opt-out again with your new address or name.
We take precautions to protect your information by maintaining reasonable technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to help protect the security of your personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or alternation. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to our third-party processing servers (either PayPal or Amazon Pay) in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page where those financial transactions take place.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site.
We share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person. We use an outside credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes beyond filling your order.
This website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
- Children's Privacy.
The Services is a general audience site and it is not intended for individuals under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information via our websites, applications, services, or tools from users in this age group. L2 requires that you be 18 years of age to work in any of our facilities.